The Long Range Traverse and North Rim
5The Long Range Traverse and North Rim is one of the most difficult/challenging yet rewarding backpacking trips in all of North America. Sleeping in tent in the wilds of Gros Morne National Park is an experience in itself. Caribou, Moose and Black Bear roam the highlands and valleys. Views of Western Brook Fjord and Ten Mile Fjord are absolutely breathtaking. Large erratic's litter the skylines and mountain tops. Enjoy this 7 Day Backpacking adventure with us.
- Arrive to Deer Lake, Newfoundland. One of our guides will pick you up. Travel into Gros Morne National Park.
In the evening we have a orientation/meeting for our trip.
- Today we begin our journey up through Ferry Gulch. Today is a strenuous day as we push through to Green Island Pond.
- Set up tent for the night
- The next four days we will be exploring mountains and valleys in the beautiful highlands of Gros Morne National Park. Caribou are often seen on mountain tops avoiding the black flies in the cool summer breeze.
- Today we begin our decent onto the lowlands of the park as our trip comes to a close.
- Tents and Group Camping Equipment
- 2 Nights Accommodations (Private Room)
- All Back Country Meals
- Interpretive Guide
- Ground Transport
- Park Passes and Permits
Price: $1299.00 Person (Double Occupancy)
2018 Tour Dates
July 5th - July 11th